This week, I had the "privilege" of hosting a two-day event at my plant, which involved ten visitors from other facilities, including three from overseas. It was stressful getting ready for this shindig (it was sort of like planning a wedding without my very helpful groom) but it was much more constructive than we'd anticipated. Everything we'd heard prepared us for them to come in with a microscope and tell us everything we were doing wrong. I'm not saying that some of that didn't happen and we definitely wound up with a very long "to do" list (of which quite a few are my responsibility...oh, joy) but at least most of the opportunities seemed constructive.
If it weren't for the microscope thing, I may actually have found the event enjoyable. I did enjoy socializing after hours (and not just because the food and beer was free). Maybe it's the fact that most of the people in my plant have families, but we don't do much of it on a normal basis. I'm also pretty comfortable with this group. By pretty comfortable, I mean that there were some friendly digs flying back and forth. As usual, I was right in the middle of it...
No comments:
Post a Comment