On Friday, I met up with the husband after my happy hour yoga class (which does, in fact, usually include heading to happy hour afterward). Even though it was forty-five minutes out of his way, he decided to drive up and join me. It may have had something to do with my rave reviews of the beers we brought back on Monday...
I actually found him in the company of one of my work friends, who just happened to see the husband's car outside ("no hubcaps, helluva engineer sticker") and decided to have a drink with him. A few beers, a food order, and the night's rush having come and gone, the three of us finally left the bar. You know it's a good night when you spend three hours talking practically non-stop and the bar staff asks you if you're going to start paying rent...
The next morning, we drove back up to the town to pick up one of the cars and run the mountain. I may have underestimated the effects of either the grade or the three beers the night before and was only able to run about four and a half miles. Oh, well. I start marathon training next week...I'll just call the last couple of weeks a break before diving into my training plan.
On Saturday afternoon, I started to get a little stir-crazy. If I'd known we weren't actually going to have open practice for aerial on Sunday (the instructor was a no-show) we'd have been at the beach that night. Instead, I decided to sign up for a painting class instead. If I keep this up, we may eventually live in a house with decorations actually hung on the walls!
Seriously though, I'm in dire need of a random adventure. Stay tuned...

My cousin signed up for a cake decorating class and it's amazing the things she can do just from teh beginners class. Hope you find your adventure soon.
ReplyDelete