Sunday, July 8, 2012

Air Travel Essentials

I always see these little excerpts in the airline's magazine.  In no particular order, here's my list of carry-on necessities (with some updates from this last trip).
  • smartphone - This was the first trip with my new smartphone.  I loved being able to check-in and use it as my boarding pass
  • novel
  • Runner's World Magazine
  • notebook and pen
  • compression socks - I don't wear them every flight but if I've just done a hard run, they're irreplaceable.
  • empty water bottle - I'm a cheapskate...
  • small pillow - My main form of in-flight entertainment is usually sleep.  I can't tell if this is because I'm always traveling tired or if it's become some kind of association.  I also really like to get creative with my sleep positions when the husband is there.
  • various chargers
  • earplugs - I wish we'd had these this trip.  My ears are still ringing from the incredibly loud engine on the last plane.
  • blanket - The only time I needed a jacket this whole vacation was on the airplane.  I guess I'll need to start bringing my own, since the only way I got one this time was because someone in first class wasn't using theirs.
Photobucket
The ultimate travel style:  capris, knee-high compression socks and sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment