We spent half the week on vacation in Nebraska (isn't that everyone's favorite vacation spot). I actually managed to stick to my training plan through the travel.
4 x 1200 meters
It's probably not the brightest idea to do speedwork the day after running the mountain. I also did it in the afternoon heat (although it was only 93 that day). I wanted to get it out of the way since we were flying the next day. By the way, compression socks feel amazing on sore legs and are good for plane rides.
5 mile tempo run
It was actually hotter in Nebraska than in North Carolina. That meant getting up at six-thirty during vacation for a run. My in-laws live on a dirt road, which provided a little variety from the everywhere asphalt of home. Unfortunately, for lack of a marked speed limit on that road, the assumed speed is 55 mph. In Nebraskan fashion, I waved at all the drivers...whether they slowed down or not determined the number of fingers.
12 mile long run
Another early morning run. I ran the same route, only farther, past scenic (and aromatic) sights such as two dairies. Actually, other than that it was a pretty nice run...and drivers are much less rushed on a weekend morning. I apparently have trouble doing math and running at the same time and ran out too far. I would have had to walk back an extra mile (doesn't sound like a lot compared to twelve but my feet hurt and there weren't any restrooms on the country road...or tree cover) if the husband hadn't come looking for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment