Okay, so it's February and I'm just now posting
goals for the year. In fairness, I have already started working on some
of these...
1. Volunteer for a Charity
By the end of the
year, I'd like to be able to say I put in at least 8 hours of
volunteering for a charity. I'd like to do more, but that's my minimum.
2. Spartan Trifecta & Tough Mudder
3. Girls Weekend with Meredith (& possibly Mother)
Already registered for a race with my sister in Vancouver! If mom can, she'll be joining us!
4. Send the Husband on a Visit to Friends or Family (Outside Holidays)
I'm pretty good about planning to spend time with my friends but the husband...well, he needs a little encouragement.
5. Start Saving for a House
No pet restrictions, paint restrictions, annual rent increases, etc.
6. Spend More Weekends/Nights Away from the Smartphone/Computer
This is a bad habit I'm not working on right at this moment...
7. Socialize
We're doing better. We run with groups in
Albemarle & Charlotte, go to a small yoga studio that occasionally
has after-class fun times, and have several races planned with friends
this year. However, I think a big part of this will be getting involved
in our community.
8. Start Saving for a Dream Vacation
I've
been struck by a sudden and overwhelming desire to visit Mongolia...not
a cheap trip! And, should my mind change, I'll still have the funds to
go to any one of a lot of cool places.
9. Reduce Our Clutter
There's
two whole rooms in our house full of stuff we very, very rarely use.
It's time to cut down on that. Not to mention, it'll make it easier
to move.
10. Add 4 States to Our Races List
Taking steps towards my long-term goal of races in all 50 states. We're currently registered for two new states, and I'm looking for two more.
11. Be More Efficient at Work
I've
got my fingers in so many pies these days, that it's easy to get pulled
off task. Add to that the fact that I'm pretty good at getting others
to accomplish tasks (and am sometimes recruited for that exact reason)
and some of my longer term objectives get pushed aside. I've started writing
down what I want done each day and that seems to be helping.
12. Become Part of Our Community
We
live in a suburb with no real community. But somehow or other, we
really need to start getting involved in the area. We're definitely
moving this year, although no idea if it'll be to a new community or just a new house.
13. Go One Month Without Running
I think this will help me
appreciate running more. Also, I've been race training for about a year
straight. It's time for a break. It'll be awhile yet before that
break, because I've already got a bunch of races scheduled this year. I
have my eye on September, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment