Friday, July 13, 2007

Trading States

Today I trade my old Kentucky plate for Idaho (that’s really going to confuse some of my friends at college). You’d think that, considering how much I loathe the state, this would be a good thing. However, I am a wee bit saddened. Yes, I am happy to be rid of the mark of the hillbillies, but…I am giving up a damn good excuse.

Think about it. What do you always do when you see a driver doing something stupid? Check their plates and see where they are from, of course. Then, with a grumble about “tourists”, you move on with your life. As long as my plates were from over a thousand miles away, I could be the perpetual tourist. Now, I am going to have to act like I actually know how to drive around here. What a shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment