What is the deal with men and long hair?
My hair has been a source of conflict for years. The first time the former boytoy and my mother met, they spent the whole dinner picking on my “soccer cut.” Okay, I’ll admit that it was a little too short, that time...
I’ve been growing my hair out for the last year or so. It’s actually to my shoulders (kind of, you can never exactly tell with curls). This is the longest it has been in at least ten years. During this time, I traded in the former boytoy for a newer model. This newer model does not like a girl’s hair short. He has not exactly been subtle about expressing this viewpoint, either.
Mostly due to him trying to wake me in the middle of the night, again, I started teasing this morning about joining in on the team Mohawks. That went over well, I have to say... However, even though I have no desire to do anything that stupid, it is ultimately my hair. That went over even better...
(When he gets pissy, I swear I can hear a five-year-old reading his text messages!)
I’ve been relatively patient. The mere mention of the length has been enough to send me to the salon before. However, it took quite a bit of self-control not to get it hacked after the line, “I would be embarrassed to take you out in public.” A little shallow today, are we?
Honestly, get your eyes back where they belong... on my “tracts of land” and assets...
This is the first time I've actually had my mother's blessing to get my hair chopped. Goodbye, shoulder-length hair!
ReplyDeleteWow ... And here I was trying to picture you with anything but short hair. Won't bother now!
ReplyDelete