Saturday, February 7, 2009

Team Building Activities

Human powered vehicle team had a “team building” event last night. Actually, it was really just a good excuse to have a bonfire.

The location was easy to find; a fire in the front yard on a fairly major street. It would have been easier to find a couple of minutes later, when the fire truck was parked in front of it. I walked up on the host talking to a couple of firemen. Apparently a neighbor had called, although the fire was perfectly legal. It must have been a slow night in the station, because they sent out a full-sized truck. The firemen called their boss, and then left us with our fire.

Team building activities mainly consisted of consuming s’mores and discussing team Mohawks for competition. I’m not sure how that is going to work with the helmets, but I’m pretty sure I’ll have to pass. I can do an afro, though.

A lot of the discussion included bikes, too. As in bicycles. You’d never think there’d be hardcore bikers on the team, with a name like “human powered vehicle”, would you? It kind of makes me want a bike. Perhaps I’ll keep an eye out. However, I would probably be embarrassed to ride anything in my price range with my teammates, since I do not consider a $400 bike “cheap.”

We hung around until the fire mostly died, fairly late, and went home. I had freed myself of the smell of smoke and was just at the edge of sleep, when the phone rang. The boyfriend, once again demanding to know why I was still fairly functional at this hour. Seriously, if you want to catch me asleep, call in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment