Friday, April 15, 2011

Flying Pirate


"Well, I had a bolt and a quarter, what did you expect me to do with them?" - Cody (on his chosen form of entertainment for the drive)

Last weekend, Cody and I took another trip to the coast.  We even planned it in advance this time.  I registered us for the Flying Pirate Half Marathon at the outer banks three months ago.

Other than the fact that some sadist decided to put two miles of hilly terrain at the end of a flat course, the race went pretty well.  The course was pretty and there were groups of people along the route cheering indiscriminately.  I picked up a stray along the course and chatted with her for three miles.

My finishing time was 2:33 (yes, we're still talking about running).  Considering I hadn't trained in five weeks (half of the training plan) it was an accomplishment that I was able to run all except one hill.  If you want to know Cody's finishing time, well you'll have to ask him.  But he beat me...as usual.

We survived 13.1 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment