Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Summer Sizzle Ahead

This weekend we turned on the air conditioning for the first time...and it looks like this summer is going to be a hot one.  After it ran for several hours, the temperature in the house had only dropped by about a degree.  The outside temperature hasn't even reached the nineties yet (but it won't be long now), so this is not promising.  Guess we'll have to get that gym membership, just to get away from the heat.

My mother came down to visit us this weekend.  Actually, I think she came to visit the furry children, and going shopping with me was just a convenient excuse.  We went looking for a MOB dress for her to wear to my wedding.  MOB stands for mother-of-the-bride, for those of you that don't spend half your life on wedding forums.  I don't know why not, since having a wedding is the BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT of a woman's life (note the sarcasm).  Despite my usual feelings regarding using acronyms in regular speech, I do think I should start calling my mother the mob.  Cody already refers to my family as the outlaws, so we're just sticking with a theme.

In addition to some a surprisingly successful day of shopping (we're not great shoppers), we did a lot of cooking while my mother was in town.  We made margherita pizza from scratch (including the pizza dough), vanilla bean cupcakes, steaks, and beer-brined pork chops, all of which are now gone.  It wasn't exactly the healthiest weekend ever.  So, about that gym membership...

I do occasionally help cook...

No comments:

Post a Comment