Monday, May 23, 2011

IE Work Environment...Not Such A Priority

The air conditioning was out in my office today.  By the end of the day, the temperature had reached 96 degrees in there.  Needless to say, all of us found somewhere cooler to work today.  Oh, and the air conditioner doesn't work in my house right now, either.

The weather was cooler in Minneapolis this weekend.  It also included torrential downpours and tornadoes.  I flew up there to see my sister and my friend, under the guise of helping my friend shop for a henchwoman dress.

Being of the non-picky sort, I gave them three directives for choosing their dresses.  They should be black, look good with a sash, and be something they would wear again.  No disgusting colors, no formal gowns, no one-hit-wonders.

After we actually got to the outlet mall (between a GPS and a smart phone in the car, we ended up navigating most successfully by paper map), we found her a dress in the second store we went in.  Actually, we found two, but I managed to convince her to get the cheaper, less formal one for my campground wedding.  It helped my case that there was a red coat in the store calling her name.  Our primary mission complete, the girls competed in several shopping sprints before my empty stomach forced us to withdraw from the marathon.

We went out that night to a piano bar.  It was fun, but holy bachelorette parties!  There were over a dozen of them there, and every one had to get up on stage for their own songs...it got old fast.  We got there before seven and the place was packed.  We found a decent spot to hang out and after a few drinks (I'm a cheap date) I was dancing to everything and having a blast, injured ankle and all.  They actually dragged me out because their feet hurt.  Ironic, no?

There was a bit of drama, but it was a really fun weekend.  I got to spend time with my sister and my friend, ride the previously unknown-to-me twin cities light rail, dance my ass off, see my well-traveled furry niece, and escape the stifling southern heat for a weekend.  Mission accomplished!

Minneapolis Skyline -night
Minneapolis Skyline - photo by meetminneapolis (creative commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment