Monday, September 15, 2008

Take Two

Hello, internet! I spent all last week missing you! Well…a little bit. A “repair man” somehow managed to knock out our wireless at the hotel on Monday, and it took forever for them to return it to working order. I know I should be able to live without internet for a week (and seemed to have survived, unfortunately for you), but it is pretty inconvenient when you’re a transplant managing a portion of your life via the web.

I made a return journey to the penitentiary this weekend (aka the boytoy’s hometown). I do realize I was just there, but this was a spur of the moment thing. The boytoy’s mother conveniently flew off to a marathon in Hawaii, leaving only one parent to be reckoned with. The boytoy is also in desperate need of gainful employment (for the good of both his financial and mental well-being). Since this was hopefully his last free weekend for a significant length of time, I went over to the dark side.

It was actually quite a pleasant weekend. It’s amazing how much more peaceful that house is (not to mention the boytoy’s own attitude) when his mother is away. We may even have managed to find him a good job while I was there. The interview’s later this week, so we shall see. Maybe he’ll finally be able to buy me my birthday present (a month late). I don’t care if he’s unemployed until Thanksgiving, I want my present!

Of course, I planned to be out of there early on Sunday. However, we know the path that most plans take. At least this time there were no significant mechanical failures on the journey home. The boytoy even stayed up until I called to let him know I made it. Knowing how much the boy values his sleep, that’s the equivalent of a box of chocolates. But I’m still holding out for that birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment